Thursday, January 21, 2016

Blog for Week 1-20-16

 Outlaw: The Legend of Robin Hood by: Tony Lee
Page: 1- Finished
Genre: Historic Fiction

     My book for this blog is Outlaw: The Legend of Robin Hood by Tony Lee. It is a historic fictional book. It is set in the year of 1192 in England. The main character is Robin of Loxley or Robin Hood. He is a brave man who will risk dying for a friends. The problem is that King Richard is in Jerusalem fighting and his brother, Prince John, is in charge of his kingdom. Recently he has been doing some bad thing to his kingdom. Now Robin has to make everything right and go back to the way King Richard left it. This book has a really exciting mood because it makes wonder what will happen next. I think that theme of this book is justice because after Prince John messes of the kingdom, Robin has to go make it all right for King Richard.

     I really liked this book because it was very interesting and descriptive. The pictures were very nicely made and helped the story move along. The best thing I liked about this book is about how descriptive they were when talking. Even though it is a graphic novel their conversations had good word choice. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading graphic novels and books about historic fictional characters like Robin Hood, because you get to know more about Robin Hood. In this book you get to know more about him and the story behind him.


*Disclaimer: You have to click "Read More" to see my video*



Commented on : Jude's blog, Jack's blog, and Hazelle's blog

5 comments:

  1. I've heard of the legend of Robin Hood but I've actually not read any type of book on it. At first I though that the book was a normal chapter book and when you mentioned pictures I was bewildered because normally chapter books don't have pictures. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the book, I have been wanting to read a mystery book that has more visuals. I will check out the graphic novel. Is it in the library?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it is in the library but it's a Battle of the Books book, so it might be in the library.

      Delete
  2. Great video! I really enjoy reading that book too and I like how Robin is willing to risk his life for people. You didn't repeat yourself and you spoke clearly, so good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog Brimady! I liked how you were very descriptive about your book and who would be interested in it, as well as being clear about the main things you took from the book. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job, Brimady! I liked how you spoke clearly and with vidid detail. Without even reading the book I agree with you completely on the theme of the book!

    ReplyDelete