Thursday, January 28, 2016

Blog for Week-01/25/16-Poetry Response

     The poem I chose to write about is "A Bed of Clouds" by Ashley L. May. This poem talks about how she, Ashley L. May, is a dreamer. She says how she is is sleeps in the clouds and dreams in the sky. She explains how she is going to continue dreaming as her life passes by and how dreaming keeps her balanced. Towards the end of the poem she says how she knows one day she is going to have to wake up from her dream and how other people tell her, that her life is going to go anywhere, but she believes otherwise.

     I think that the author wrote this poem to explain to others something about her. That something being her as a dreamer. I also think she wrote this poem because one thing she says is that others say that her life isn't going to go anywhere, so she wrote this to address them and to prove them wrong. This poem reminds me a lot of myself. Myself because I am a big dreamer so I felt like I connected to this poem. I believe in the impossible and a lot of people think the impossible is well impossible. I also do believe that if I didn't dream I wouldn't be the way I am.


     I chose this picture because it shows what I visualized while reading the poem. It is a person whose head is in the clouds. It is also like if the person's body is on land, but their head is in the sky. In the poem she talks a lot about dreaming in the sky and clouds and this picture describes that. That is why I chose this picture.


"A Bed of Clouds"

I sleep in the clouds, dream in the sky,
I'll keep dreaming as life passes me by,
I think my dreams keep me sane,
I dream of happiness, a life without pain,
some people say I'm stuck in this place,
and I'll never go anywhere,
but in my dreams I've already been there,
I know some day I'll have to wake up,
but I feel the real world is more like a nightmare,
I'm safe in my closed eye wonderland,
this poem goes to all the dreamers that understand,
no matter what they say...

keep your dreams but don't dream your life away,

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Brimady! I thought the poem you chose was great and I loved the picture you used and the reason you gave as to why you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the comparison of the poem to yourself because it was interesting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem you chose is very relatable, to you and me. I liked your comparison and picture you chose. Good job!

    ReplyDelete