Tuesday, November 3, 2015

First Quarter Reflection

    I have learned about the world so much this quarter, more than in the past years. I have learned about Mount McKinley being renamed, President Obama wanting to enforce more gun laws, Syrian refugees, people making fake online identities, and the weather on Mars. This has benefited me because now I actually know what is happening in other parts of the world. It's important for me to know what is happening around the world because I might be able to help someone in need in another country.

    Some strategies that I have benefited from are annotating and writing objective summaries. These strategies have helped me be able to understand different pieces of writing. Annotating for some reason has made reading articles and book more fun for me, because it lets me asks questions and write down different ideas. Writing objective summaries has become helpful for me because I know that in the future I am going to need to write summaries and instead of writing a paragraph, I can just write around 3 sentences.

    My research skills have improved because now I can cite a website properly and find key ideas in the writing. With the help of one website I can cite websites properly and now my work looks more professional than before. Now I don't have to keep rambling about one little detail in the article, I can find the main ideas and jot them down. These research skills will come very helpful in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment